- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Posted on 03-25-2015
I've been adjusting my kids since the day they were born. The first question out of people's mouths is "Why? They don't have back pain." My response is usually along the lines of, "No, they dont. They do have trauma through playing sports and sitting all day in class. I want to make sure their spines are aligned. This allows their nervous system to function as well as possible."
I understand that this is a completely different way of thinking about health care that most people are not familiar with. The nervous system controls everything in our bodies. If the brain can't communicate with the cells in our body, deficiencies will show up eventually, coming out as symptoms. We call these interferences in our nervous system subluxations when they happen in the spine. A series of events occur during subluxations.
Getting back to kids, it is so important to make sure their spines and ultimately their nervous systems are healthy.
Subluxations can show up in any number of ways. Some common conditions that can be improved with chiropractic care include:
Spinal health plays a very important role in our health. Many problems we have with our spines develop over months and years. Many of these can likely be prevented. Time to get your family checked.
Call us Back2Life Chiropractic Care in Toronto at 416-792-2599 to set up a spinal checkup for your kids.
1. Rosner A. The Role of Subluxation in Chiropractic. Des Moines, IA: Foundation for Chiropractic Education and Research; 1997.
2. ADHD - A multiple case study. Wendel P, International Chiropractic Pediatric Association. March/April 1998.
3. Kreitz, B.G. Aker, P.D., J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 1994 (Sep);17 (7): 465-473Fallon, JM. Journal of Clinical Chiropractic Pediatrics Vol 2, No. 2 1997 p.167-183.
4. Effect of Chiropractic Treatments on the Endocrine and Immune System in Asthmatic Patients
Proceedings of the 2002 International Conference on Spinal Manipulation, Toronto Ontario, Canada, Oct 2002: 57-8
5. Yannick Pauli, D.C. The Effects of Chiropractic Care on Individuals Suffering from Learning Disabilities and Dyslexia: A Review of the Literature; Journal of Vertebral Subluxation Research ~ January 15, 2007 ~ Pages 1-12
There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.
|Tuesday||7 - 12:30||Closed|
|Thursday||Closed||2 - 6:30|
|Friday||7 - 12:30||Closed|
|10:00 -||7 - 12:30||10:00 -||Closed||7 - 12:30||By Appt.||Closed|
|6:30||Closed||6:30||2 - 6:30||Closed||Closed||Closed|